Topliţa Cultural Center was established as a public institution with legal personality under Law nr.203/22 May 2006, by merging the folklore ensemble “Călimanilor Rhapsody” with Ethnographic Museum Toplița Harghita and passing under the authority of the Local Council of subordinated Topliţa Ministry of Culture.
Cultural Center Topliţa achieved by cutting the organizational structure, the following activities:
- initiate and implement programs to exploit scientific and artistic cultural tradition and folk
- organizes and participates in shows, festivals, celebrations and other cultural and artistic events
- collaborates with schools as educational programs for explanations regarding training in traditional arts and crafts.
These activities are based on programs and projects established by:
- collections and field research having as main theme ethnology, ethnography, and folklore, picture files and documents and collections of folk art
- collections of literature.